Knock, Knock, its the Police

We don't have heroes anymore in America. John Wayne isn't out there driving cattle or saving small towns. We've got a bunch of lesbians and cripples as heroes. Malcontents and criminals all of them.

Which brings me to the point of this post. The police came by my house, wanting to ask me about my possible involvement in that deal over by the library. Two fat, sweaty cops looking like they might spill out of their little blue uniforms and stain my porch. Why do they let cops get so fat these days? I tell you, I had a friend for twenty something years going back to when I was a kid. He graduated top of his class in the police academy deal. He was the most in shape man I've ever seen, and I've had drinks with Jack LaLanne. (People said LaLanne didn't drink, because of the health thing and all, but he guzzled gin, my god he guzzled gin). Anyway, someone shot him while he was checking out an abandoned building that turned out to be a crackhouse. Point is, he'd be ashamed of these two lumps of lard sitting on my stoop.

They said, "Are you.."
And I said, "An American? Yes, goddamnit wouldn't be anything but."

I went inside to get my copy of the Constitution that my son bought me when he went to DC, but they stopped me. They said I'd caused a disturbance the other day, that then later that night someone stuffed a bunch of shoes with big ball bearings and threw them through the library window. They said they put two and two together, pulling my library card (Fascism). The police state is despicable.

I told them no, get lost if they didn't have a warrant. I have rights. So, they'll probably be back. They've probably got me under surveillance. Some porker sitting in his squad car down the block stuffing his fat face with donuts and coffee. We'll see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment